I have decided that now is the right time to have a change of pace and run my own ethical business, the Technical Handyman, to serve others. After a couple of health scares in the last 18 months, I’ve come out the other side and feel a lot fitter and healthier. I’m now ready for a new challenge and to help others with their technical challenges.
- Want to get more from your PC, Mac, iPad or iPhone?
- Experiencing Broadband or WiFi problems?
- Baffled by Smart TV, TV catchup and Video-on-demand services?
- Want to make your home or business premises smarter?
- The Technical Handyman is here to help!
I have over 30 years experience in the computer industry as a software developer, technical support technician, salesperson and consultant. I have extensive knowledge of computer technologies, operating systems and commonly used software applications. In particular I focus on Apple devices including Macs (desktop and laptop), iPads, iPhones, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Airport networking and HomeKit, but I also maintain a working knowledge of PCs for setting up networking and printers specifically. I am fluent in Microsoft Office applications on most platforms including Windows, macOS and iOS. I’m also a keen amateur photographer and have experience of photo management and editing software.
I am based in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire and will offer my services to customers within a 10 mile radius of Hartley Wintney including:
GU51 postcodes: Fleet, Church Crookham, Crookham Village
RG27 postcodes: Hook, Eversley, Hartley Wintney, Sherfield on Loddon, Winchfield, Rotherwick, Dogmersfield, Heckfield, Mattingley, Andwell, Stratfield Turgis, Eversley Cross, Hartfordbridge, Nately Scures, Newnham, Up Nately, Hartley Wespall, Turgis Green, Hound Green, Hazeley, Heckfield Heath, Bramshill, Newnham, Newnham, Lyde Green, West Green
RG29 postcodes: Odiham, North Warnborough, South Warnborough, Greywell, Blounce, Whitehall, Long Sutton, Sutton Warblington, Well
My services are appropriate for residential customers as well as small businesses that don’t have their own technical support staff.
I will take the time to fully understand the needs and personal preferences of my customers. I will always look for the best solution to a problem, which is often the most cost effective one. I will charge a fair and reasonable price for my services.
From time to time I might recommend you buy an additional piece of equipment and point you to the best place to buy it from. Alternatively, I will be happy to source the items and only charge a small mark up to cover any expenses incurred in the process.
- Tuition in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, databases, editing photos, managing photos etc
- Experienced with all forms of home networking e.g. WiFi, powerline and ethernet and can advise on the most performant, secure and cost effective solution for you.
- Diagnose slow broadband performance
- Optimise WiFi coverage in your home or office premises
- Specifying computers and devices to meet specific needs
- Migrating to new computers and devices.
- Setting up printers and scanners
- Backing up and protecting your valuable documents and photos/videos
- Connect up cameras, still and video, to computing devices
- Configure Smart TVs, TV Catch Up and Video-on-demand services
- Specifying smart devices to control heating, lighting, TVs etc
- Writing blog posts for web sites
- Internet research
- Setting up and maintaining WordPress websites